The Powerswitch price trend graphs show rolling 3-year prices for annual electricity usage in main centres. The graphs provide a guide to general trends in electricity prices.
View price trends in
Based on an average annual consumption for a medium sized household (7576 kWh per year)
About the trends
- Prices are for the most common electricity plan type in the area, for a household of 3-4 people, using electric water-heating, electric cooking, and a mix of electric and other space-heating.
- Prices are for the standard pricing plan of this type from each retailer, except for the lower part of the South Island where low user plans are used.
- Prices include prompt and electronic payment discounts and don't include short term special offers.
- We don't include pricing for retailers that only supply electricity to people who also have gas from the same company.
- Prices displayed are for electricity only.