|PO Box 624, Wellington
|0800 809 000
|Terms and conditions
Contact Energy generates electricity from hydro, geothermal and thermal power stations. It offers buyback power from grid-tied solar PV systems.
Complain to your retailer first. If your complaint isn't resolved, ask Utilities Disputes to consider your complaint.
Electricity, gas, LPG and broadband.
- My Account with credit/debit card, direct debit or Account2Account
- Direct debit (SmoothPay is available to even out payments across the whole year weekly, fortnightly or monthly)
- Internet banking
- Telephone banking
- NZ Post locations or Westpac branches
- Fixed term contract discounts
- AA Smartfuel
As a sustainable energy company Contact has invested in New Zealand’s environmental, social and economic wellbeing. Over 80% of Contact’s generation is from renewable sources. They have reduced their emissions by 51% since 2012 and have planted 66,335 trees in the last year.
Request up to the last 24 months of your electricity consumption data (i.e. the amount of power you used). This information can help you understand your electricity usage habits and make informed decisions when choosing a power plan for your household.
Choose to request either:
- a summarised report - the consumption data recorded on each of your bills, or
- a detailed report - the consumption data in its most detailed format
The amount of data provided will depend on the period you are requesting for, the type of meter, and how often the meter was read, e.g. if you have a smart meter, your data may include 15-minute interval readings. We recommend requesting a summarised report due to the volume of information you could receive in a detailed report.